Good morning, my brothers and sisters in Christ. The church, here at St. Mark and the Cure, in its responsibilities to proclaim the Good News through the ‘Word and Sacraments” has to organise itself for the task. It requires leadership at all levels; Sunday school, youth ministry, organizations and committees, guided by the Holy Spirit to make the growth possible, so to this end, we have gathered to recommend, nominate, and elect those who desire to serve.
In this context, we hold our congregation meeting to share information and decisions. “Share each other’s troubles and problems and in this way obey the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)
Our mission is guided by the five marks of mission;
1. To proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God;
2. To teach, baptize and nurture new believers;
3. To respond to human need by loving service;
4. To challenge violence, injustice, and oppression, and work for peace and reconciliation;
5. To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and to sustain and renew the life of the earth;
If we hold to them, we will achieve much more for the glory of God.
I wish to thank all those who have served the church in their various capacities for 2016. You have made 2016 a successful and memorable year, especially through our 200th year celebration.